Thursday, February 4, 2010

Thank you!

One of the main reasons I love the work that I do (problem solving basically), is that I get to feel so good about it. Selfish I know, but there you are.

Yesterday was a case in point. I went to see some clients who have a lovely little garden, locally. The garden has become too much for the lady of the house, who now works more or less full time, so she asked us to come and have a look to see what we can do to help. The upshot of a walk around the garden was that I can put three of my lovely guys into her garden for a day and it will be sorted out for them. What made it such an uplifting experience was the pleasure she received from having her problem solved. To be told that you have made someone feel better for having solved a problem, is one of the most satisfying things about the work we do. It is a real privilege.

In addition, and I don't know if you have noticed, but the birds are starting to make merry in the morning. The morning chorus is on the increase - the first sign of spring starting to stir. And whilst I will not tempt fate by saying that the weather is improving - it is becoming marginally warmer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment